Since its inception in 1998, over 1,000 airport managers from across the world have attended the Fundamentals program, making it the industry’s most popular air service development course.
This course offers a comprehensive introduction to air service development, catering primarily to those who are new to the function.
An air service network is the most critical element of an airport, generating passenger and cargo volumes, aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues as well as serving as a catalyst for local, regional and national economic growth. This course equips delegates with the practical tools and techniques to attract new air services and growth from airlines.
Who should attend?
- Airport personnel with limited experience or new to the air service development function
- Tourism professionals responsible for air service development
- Civil aviation authorities
- Government agencies and departments
What you will learn
- The characteristic components of markets
- Best practice in community outreach
- An introductory understanding of airline economics
- The importance of airport competitive positioning and target planning
- Key selling points of your destination and how to articulate them to airlines
- How to organize and implement a air service target sales campaign
- The most effective ways of approaching and presenting to airlines
- The relevance of data, market research and analytics to air service development
- How to improve your skills to deliver success for your airport or organization
- Fundamentals of air service support and airline incentive programs
- Understanding markets and catchment areas
- Competition and positioning – forming strategies to stand out
- Understanding airlines
- Building a new air service investment case
- Community outreach programs and stakeholder management
- Innovations in leakage studies, real origin and destination understanding
- Air service support – how do incentives attract airlines?
- Implementing an air service development strategy
- Marketing to airlines – the ‘’perfect presentation”
- Preparation for Routes events – maximizing your meetings
- 5th - 6th May 2020 - Chicago
- 10th - 11th November 2020 - New York City