Since its inception in 1998, over 1,000 airport managers from across the world have attended the Fundamentals programme, making it the industry’s most popular route development course.
This virtual course offers a comprehensive introduction to route development, catering primarily to those who are relatively new to the function.
An route network is the most critical element of an airport, generating passenger and cargo volumes, aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues as well as serving as a catalyst for local, regional and national economic growth. This course equips delegates with the practical tools and techniques to attract new routes and growth from airlines.
Who should attend?
- Airport personnel with limited experience or new to the route development function
- Tourism professionals responsible for route development
- Civil aviation authorities
- Government agencies and departments
What you will learn
- The characteristic components of markets
- An introductory understanding of airline economics
- The importance of airport competitive positioning and target planning
- Key selling points of your destination and how to articulate them to airlines
- How to organise and implement a route target sales campaign
- The most effective ways of approaching and presenting to airlines
- The relevance of data, market research and analytics to route development
- How to improve your skills to deliver success for your airport or organisation
- Fundamentals of route support and airline incentive programmes
- Understanding markets and catchment areas
- Competition and positioning – forming strategies to stand out
- Understanding airlines
- Building a new route investment case
- Route support – how do incentives attract airlines?
- Implementing a route development strategy
- Marketing to airlines – the ‘’perfect presentation”
- Preparation for Routes events – maximising your meetings
- 8th - 9th June 2021 - May attend or virtual
- 14th - 15th September 2021 - May attend or virtual