This course is aimed at practitioners who wish to deepen their skills in the area of route traffic forecasting. You will be taken through real examples, including how to manipulate data and develop presentations.
Route traffic forecasts are a critical component of an airline’s decision-making process when considering new routes. Airlines expect airports and stakeholders to provide as much detailed data and insight into prospective destinations markets as possible.
This course will enable delegates to understand the most upto-date techniques to generate both short and long-term traffic forecasts, including how to utilise appropriate market data, understanding how successful your target route can be, and tips on how to pitch to the airlines.
Who should attend?
- Airports – route development managers, analysts
- Airlines – new analysts, network planners
- Civil aviation authorities
- Government agencies and departments
- Personnel responsible for airport forecasts
What you will learn
- How to produce a route traffic forecast
- Assumptions and methodologies from real-world examples
- The latest forecasting techniques, analytics including QSI, MCR and others
- How to use traffic data, market research and analytics for route forecasting
- The key outputs airlines want to see in a presentation
- Benchmarking against competing airports
- How to manipulate data
- Practical route forecasts exercises and case studies
- Data analytics
- Route traffic forecasting
- Long-term forecasting
- Route profitability assessments
- Practical exercises
- 6th - 7th December 2018 - San Francisco
- 6th - 7th December 2018 - London
- 28th February 2019 - 1st March 2019 - London
- 7th - 8th March 2019 - New York
- 30th - 31st May 2019 - Mexico City
- 13th - 14th June 2019 - Kuala Lumpur
- 15th - 16th August 2019 - Johannesburg
- 5th - 6th December 2019 - London
- 5th - 6th December 2019 - New York