This course shows destinations and tourism authorities how to boost tourist numbers through route development.
Tourism authorities and destinations have an important role to play in route development. Airlines tell us that the support offered by destination partners is one of the most important factors when deciding whether to launch a new route, and they prefer to deal collectively with stakeholders who have a unified approach. We will show you how to utilise your collective resources to beat the competition and win new routes.
Who should attend?
- Tourism organisations
- Convention bureaus
- Civil aviation authorities
- Government agencies and departments
- Investment agencies
- Industry organisations
- Chambers of commerce
- Ground operators
What you will learn
- The latest developments in marketing to airlines
- A detailed insight into content marketing
- How other destinations position and market themselves
- How to put together the ‘perfect presentation’
- How to stand out and articulate your business case with success
- What’s happening in the world of aviation that impacts route development
- Economic impact and benefits of new routes
- How to collectively build a business case
- Understanding airlines and the mix of traffic
- What are airlines looking for from destinations
- Who are the different stakeholders and what role do they play?
- Forward planning: assigning resources, actions and deadlines
- Contributing to a sales campaign project
- Commercial support and incentives
- Negotiating with airlines and tour operators
- Legal issues
- Case studies
- Airline speaker
- 8th - 9th November 2018 - London