ASM, in partnership with specialist legal professionals, present this course to help delegates structure incentives with airlines within any legal guidelines in place.
This course is aimed at stakeholders and airports looking to negotiate with airlines and understand the legal parameters associated with route support.
The majority of route development decisions are, in part, based on some form of incentives offered by airports and stakeholders. Negotiating an incentive offer is often key to a successful outcome. Incentive packages are substantial investments made on behalf of the airports and stakeholders and it is critical that you understand the benefits and risks before committing pen to paper. This course will teach you how to successfully negotiate with the airlines and understand the legal context of such negotiations.
Who should attend?
- Airports – route development managers
- Tourism organisations – local, regional and national
- Civil aviation authorities
- Government agencies and departments
- Investment agencies
- Chambers of commerce
- Legal representatives – airports, tourism, governments and civil aviation authorities
What you will learn
- The current trends of route support
- The importance of incentives for airlines
- The legal framework in the EU and Brexit implications
- Negotiation skills and techniques
- Varying strategies across airline models
- Case studies and sharing experiences
- Different support mechanisms
- Traffic revenue guarantees
- How to structure deals that meet the existing legal framework in your market
- Negotiating with LCCs
- Negotiating with network carriers
- Negotiating with tour operators
- 10th - 11th April 2018 - New York
- 19th - 20th June 2018 - London
- 7th - 8th August 2018 - San Francisco
- 30th - 31st August 2018 - Kuala Lumpur
- 16th - 17th October 2018 - London
- 22nd - 23rd November 2018 - Caribbean