A course designed for individuals who have direct responsibility for, or involvement in, the marketing of airports and destinations to airlines, in support of an route development strategy. The growth of the route development function within airports and tourism organisations has propelled forward the importance of marketing to attract new airlines, new routes and to build traffic.
The programme will appeal to experienced B2B marketers and particularly those newly appointed to the aviation marketing function. It will help delegates gain insight into how to create distinctive marketing communications for their airport or tourist organisations ensuring a true competitive advantage in attracting airlines.
The importance of airport branding will also be discussed, as well as the application of new digital media and content marketing within airport campaigns. This course is practical, creative and thought provoking, enabling marketer’s to better plan, build and implement compelling airline marketing campaigns.
Who should attend?
- Airports – aviation marketing managers, marketing executives, route development managers
- Tourism organisations – destination marketing managers, executives, route development managers
What you will learn
- What drives airline customer decisions?
- How airlines are influenced by airport brand and marketing
- The essence of an airport brand
- Differentiation and positioning of your market and service offer
- Understanding of new digital and social media platforms
- How to create cutting edge campaign and standout presentations to airlines
- Understanding your aviation markets
- Understanding the airlines and tour operators – segmenting customers and selecting targets
- Understanding competition
- Determining the values, positioning and brand of your airport and destination
- Working with route development data
- Developing the “perfect presentation” to attract airlines
- Optimising aviation’s diverse and global media
- Latest applications of digital, social media and customer data management for route development
- Case studies
- 12th - 13th April 2018 - New York
- 30th - 31st May 2018 - London
- 5th - 6th July 2018 - Bangkok
- 9th - 10th August 2018 - San Francisco
- 21st - 22nd August 2018 - Latin America
- 30th - 31st October 2018 - London